There are no teachers here in Legacy Weapon, just slightly more talkative students. Today, Drew and Jamie do our second part of our Legacy Staples series: creatures! Remember that preparation is the best Legacy Weapon!
Top creatures played in Legacy: These are the creatures you are most likely to see across the table.
- Best creature? Probably the Card That Shall Not Be Named (2:00)
- Best blue creature! (Wait, the best creature wasn’t blue?) (11:30)
- Ach! Hans! Run! It’s a ’Goyf! (15:10)
- Delver, party of four? (19:10)
- 3-mana creature? Probably unplayable. (23:00)
- Sponsors! (26:50)
- Didn’t we already do lands? (28:10)
- Stoneforge Mystic (31:50)
- Would you like more bales? No thanks, I’m Baleful.* (37:00)
- Baby Monastery Mentor (39:00)
- Questions, questions, too many questions. You want a shard? Here! (40:40)
- Standard-legal commons . . . those are in Legacy a lot, right? (42:10)
- Banned Card of the Day!(44:50)
What are these links doing here? No one knows. Probably nothing. Move along.
Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Podcast brings you the following extra-credit reading:
- Hallie Santo wrote a great Legacy article that has held up well.
- Did you know they made a book of Zendikar art? It’s awesome!
*Jamie wrote this. He does not apologize.
Jamie — @Jamie7Keller — firstname.lastname@example.org
Drew — email@example.com